Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Still waiting

Well this is the week we should receive travel approval so keep your fingers crossed. At this point we still do not have the girls room ready but the bed selection should be finalized in the next week and I have an idea on the comforters I'd like to get for the girls room.

I have the clothes, books, backpack all ready for S for Adam to take to China. I'd still like to find a small stuffed animal that would scrunch up and travel well.

It's been wonderful not having anything planned the last few weekends. J had the neighbor girls over for a play date on Sunday afternoon. Adam took her for her chickenbox vaccination booster last Saturday and that is how the previous weekends have gone-nice and relaxing. First grade starts in two weeks and she will be riding on the school bus. I will miss having her in the car with me every day.

We have two families from our agency who are leaving for China on August 21st. I am going to send a disposable camera, photo book and hairclips for S. I look forward to following their journeys. Their children are also at the Nanjing SWI. Due to the restrictions from the H1N1 virus they will be unable to go to the orphanage and actually see S.

The next time I post it will be to announce we have travel approval!!

going to head outside now to watch the meteor shower!

1 comment:

Liz Brennan said...

Hi Jackie,
Just found your blog. We will be doing one as well, getting help next week on how to do it. Best wishes!
Liz Brennan
Cincinnati