Friday, September 25, 2009

BEE YOU TI FUL!!!



This is Schwen's new word. She is really picking up quite a bit of english and does not go around as much speaking constantly in mandarin. Tonight she was saying Xie Xie (thank you) and I said it back..she gave me the thumbs up and said "good job mama!"

We've had a few rough patches today-she willingly went with Adam to drop medical records off at the pediatrician but when she realized I was not going she had a huge meltdown and threw a temper tantrum in the parking lot of the doctors office. We are really concerned on how she will do when I leave her at school. Her second incident occurred when I took her to the mall with me and as the car stopped she opened the door-so a scolding from mom.

There were many positives today also. I've been working with her on her letters and she can write F and E and can recognize those letters. She found them on her own in a book and showed them to me. She was playing with magnet letters and showed me how she matched upper and lower case letters and she can also count to 8 in english.

On Thursday night Jia took Schwen up to their room and introduced her to the world of dress up..oh the girls had great fun, hence the word "BEE YOU TI FULL".

Schwen is still needing 12 hours of sleep a night an a nap. School is going to be an adjustment. We will need to be out the door by 7:15 am. I can let her sleep until 6:45 am but can't see putting her to bed at 6:45 pm -I don't even get home until 6:00 pm. I'll try to eliminate the naps towards the end of next week.

Attached are pics of the girls dressed up.

No comments: