Friday, September 18, 2009

They are home!

Things are going pretty well. Schwen seemed pretty shy when she first got off of the plane but she did recognize people from their pictures and is quick to repeat what is said to her. The four of us stopped at Coldstone Creamery for ice cream and she was quick to share her m*m's with Baba, Jia and Mama. She does not like the dogs but is fascinated with the cats. She is very bright and catches on fast. I showed her her bed and she pointed to Jia's bed. Adam's mom made boxes for the girls with their names on and she knows which is hers and says the other is Jia's. The same goes for just about everything we showed her if we had two of-one is Qi Xuan's and one is Jia's. She is already sticking to me like velcro and I have received many hugs and kisses. One melt down last night when I was laying in bed with Jia. Jia ended up sleeping downstairs with Adam as Schwen (and I)were up until 3:30. I did get her up at 7:30 am and she is now napping.

We drove Jia to school this morning and she seemed very interested in what was going on. She babbles a lot and she and Adam seem to have their own language. He did such a good job with her in China.

Schwen loves to point to any picture of Justin and say his name. She did a pretty good job of keeping herself entertained while Adam and I were unpacking.

After nap we are going to the grocery store and then it will be time for Jia to get off of the bus. A busy weekend planned.

Will post pics later. Time for me to get a shower!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad they are home safe and sound! I look forward to the pictures of your TWO daughters!!! Congrats to finally have everyone together!

Beth

Connie J said...

Welcome home! Sounds like you all are doing great!!!