Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's Citizenship day!!

I looked on the calendar at work and today is "citizenship day"...how appropriate it is b/c today is the day Schwen arrives in the US and will become a US citizen. When we adopted Jia she came home with a green card and we had to apply for her certificate of citizenship-it was the rule back then for families with one parent traveling and the rules have since changed...YEAH!!! This significantly cuts down on the paperwork for me!!

As I write this Adam and Schwen are in the air and only 7 hours more to go until the flight arrives in Newark, NJ for a 3.5 hour layover, then 2 more hours until they arrive in Columbus...

I can tell Jia is excited but also nervous.Last night she asked "what if Schwen doesn't' like me?"....I feel the same way! She had a soccer game last night and we afterwards went out for dinner with Nei Nei and Pop Pop-it was a late night and she was exhausted and had to go to bed right when we got home. I'll let her sleep a bit more than wake her up and spend some time together this morning.

We are as ready as we can be. On hindsight I should have taken today off of work as I would have liked to have had a chance to go to the grocery store to stock up. It just did not happen. We'll figure it out. I'm sure I could probably send Adam tomorrow-he will probably enjoy the time alone!!

When I talked to Adam the last few days in China he told me it was raining. He neglected to tell me just how much and hard it was raining. There is a family on the Shamain Island whose blog I follow and they post pics of the flooded streets from the torrential rain pour from Typhoon Fred.

Thanks for following Adam's journey. I do plan to continue this blog with the random ramblings of our lives.

No comments: