Tuesday, September 29, 2009

catching up

i just realized it has been a few days since i posted. we took the girls to Freeman Farms on Sunday...a great afternoon spent with new and old friends. Schwen did great until it was time to leave and she threw a fit. I carried her kicking and screaming to the car.

on monday schwen thought she was going to school with jia and was not happy that she was to spend the day with me. I had to clean the carpets so she played with the remote control barbie jeep until Nei Nei (Adam's mom) came over for a visit. Both girls were very happy to spend some time with their grandma.

i took schwen to school today. It was supposed to be a "trial" with me in the classroom. I had prepared my bag and was going to use the time to cut out coupons, make a menu and grocery list. Schwen was practically pushing me out the door before we even got her to the classroom. I used the time to buy the girls come clothes at Kohl's and Once Upon a Child and even found a few xmas gifts to put away. Schwen had a great morning at kindergarten and will go back on Thursday for a full day from 9-3. She was wiped out though and is napping as I write this. I also took her to Adam's dads bookshop for a visit. She was very happy to see her Pop Pop and was thrilled to be able to choose a book for herself and one for Jia.

I picked up the new People magazine today-Katherine Heigl is on the cover with her baby she adopted from Korea. I've never been a big KH fan before but have a bit more respect for her since she has adopted a child. Adoption is not for everyone-many people are convinced they have to have their own flesh and blood for a child and won't even consider adoption. When we left the bookshop today I asked Adam's dad (who will be 81) if he ever thought he'd have two grandaughters from China...he said never in a million years but it was happy he did.

No comments: